Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Our trip to the "beach"



Yesterday we went to our local "beach", Spanish Oaks Reservoir. It was... well... it was ok. Definately not a white sand, caribbean beach. Not even a dirty, cold CA beach. It was, well, just a reservoir in Spanish Fork, UT. Three sides of which were cement and one side was a "beach". The sand, or rocks, I should say, were so rough my feet were hurting by the end of the day (or hour that we stayed there). But enough complaining about our local beach, the kids had fun once they realized they could play in the sand. They made slides that went from the sand into the water. They were basically sliding around on their bums in the flat sand saying "Weee!" It was quite a sight. I think we'll probobly visit this beach again and I will for sure remember the sand toys next time!

4 comments:

Melinda B. said...

I had no idea there was any sort of beach in Utah. As pathetic as that beach sounds, I am absolutely thrilled! I'll have to plan a trip before it gets cold.

Kelly said...

ha ha ha ha you would

Kelly said...

p.s. brynley is looking soo old!

davidkmckinnon said...

Hey Linds! I saw the link for your blog so I decided to look at it! Cute family! My kids would totally be doing the "whee" with not much action too!