Thursday, September 13, 2007

48 Hours Post-op


Caleb is feeling better today. He would run and play if I would let him. He is taking his medicine a lot better. He'll whine for a minute but then give up and just take it. He can smile and laugh but he still can't use a straw or a sippy cup. He has been drinking out of a medicine syringe which he thinks is really fun. He played with Jackson and Makell today and I think that really lifted his spirits. He has also gotten so many get well gifts that he feels like it's Christmas. Thank you all so much for your gifts and prayers. They have made a huge difference. He ate a couple peanut butter sandwiches today so that's better than the ice cream fest of yesterday. The thing that makes me the most sad is that I'm not sure he understands that it is going to get better. I wonder if he thinks that he will always look like this now. I tell him all the time that it will get better and better everyday now but I don't know if he gets it. I know we'll see more and more progress everyday.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, Caleb looks like a real trooper!

Cathie said...

Lindsey, you are a super mom and Caleb is so brave. What a huge ordeal for a little guy, but he's doing great. Our prayers and thoughts are with you all.

courtneyb said...

so brody happened to just walk in while I was reading your post and wanted to look at all the pictures of Caleb with a story about each one. But his last question "does that hurt Caleb? I'm sad for him."

Katrina said...

That looks so painful!

I have to know if you get any "looks" when you take him to the store!