Sunday, August 26, 2007

Share a Smile Triathlon

On Saturday Brandon and I competed in the Share a Smile Triathlon. It took place at Orem's Scera Pool and around the surrounding streets. It consisted of an 800 yd swim, 7 1/2 mile bike and 3.2 mile run. Yes, it was a pretty short triathlon but we still feel very accomplished and exhuasted! I completed the race in 1:17 and Brandon did it in 1:08. We were happy with how we did considering we only trained for about 4 weeks. All the proceeds go towards dental work for the poor and homeless in Utah County. The dentist who does the work is the one who put on the whole race. It was really fun to be a part of it all. We hope to do this one every year!

















>


12 comments:

Saun and Wes said...

Way to Go you guys! You have inspired me to get into shape and do one of these. That looks like a lot of fun. Good Job!

Kelly said...

YAAAA!!! good job guys! fun! i wish i could do that...

Mitchellaus Copernicus said...

Not very long, pshaw. That's an accomplishment yunz should be proud of. Lookin' good out there too. Way to go.

Melissa said...

I'm impressed by the run alone!

The Garden Maiden said...

Great job you guys! But where was Brandon's speedo? At the cleaners? You both look in awesome shape. You probably could have done the Amazing Race at the fam reunion without a car! Glad I found your blog from Mitch's blog so I can keep up with your family. Aunt Tami

kristib said...

Nice work you two! That takes some serious stamina, but Lindsey- I am most impressed with the fact that after two kids you can still rock a bikini and look great. It would be a sad, sad day if I put that thing on. Consider me jealous.

scooping it up said...

So cool! I am terrified of bikes, but maybe someday I will overcome my fear and we will do something like that. Brandon needs to invest in Speedos if he really wants to be a swimmer. : ) You guys are awesome.

courtneyb said...

and then he can do the whole triathlon in them ;)
that was so fun, next year I'll train more and give you a run for your money. hahaha!

Bertie said...

Hey linds!

Great job! You and your hubby are too cute! Woot! Woot!!

Danny said...

Whoa there big guns...

Megan said...

Holy Cow Lyndsey!! You are like Wonder Woman!!! You seriously are my hero for doing that. I don't think I could even make it through one of the events, much less three in a row!!! And I haven't posted because we have been moving around staying with relatives... all winding down to our big move to San Diego which hopefully should happen in a week. But I promise, there will be a huge post of all our summer excitement- and my fat belly.

RAEDA said...

All I can say is WOW. Amen to the comment that Lindsay"can still rock in a bikini", and yes, Brandon, you need a Speedo for the next race : )

Love you both and proud of you.

Aunt Raeda