Sunday, August 19, 2007

My Dilema: Opinions PLEASE!

I have recently been informed (thanks Bret and Marisa) that you can print and publish your blog into a book form. Here's the link for all of you who are interested.

http://www.blurb.com/home/1/

My dilema is this. I would love to print my blog, say, at the end of every year or something. Then I wouldn't have to feel so guilty about not writing in a journal. I also print ALL of our pictures (that actually turn out that is) and put them into photo albums. With both of these records... why do I scrapbook? Don't get me wrong I really like to scrapbook. But I'm always about a year behind, sometimes i kind of dread working on it, and it's quite an expensive hobby. Is there any reason why I need a scrapbook if I have printed blogs and photo albums? I plan on scrapbooking up until I started blogging for sure. But when I reach that point of overlapping... what should i do? Should i give up scrapbooking except for occasional projects? Maybe do albums like a birthday album with all the kids birthdays so i can watch how they grew or other specialty albums like that? What do you guys think? I'm so torn right now.

Edited to add: Ok, go to the link and click blog books down at the bottom. Scroll through the pages. I think they actually look really, really cool. The blogging is earning points...

5 comments:

Cathie said...

My opinion is do special event scrapbooking and print your blog yearly and keep up the picture albums.
And.....beautiful kids, beautiful family. Enjoyed reading everything and seeing everybody.
cathie

Katrina said...

As a non-scrapbooker, I say don't do it if it doesn't give you joy. Helpful, I know.

nicole said...

Okay, those books are the coolest things ever! I can't wait to order one for myself. I have actually been wondering if there was a way to print off those blog pages, to at least have a hard copy of my entries...this is so much better, and such a great idea! Thank you for sharing!

mostly Stacy said...

I've been thinking the exact same thing. I'm a little over scrapbooking.It's just so expensive, and is getting so elaborate I hate that my pages look out of date in the scrapbooking world. The printed out blog sounds great to me. Oh and you don't have to give up scrapbooking forever. My grandma started scapbooking about 15 years before she died and she finished all of her albums.

scooping it up said...

Wow, that is cool. My problem is is that I also keep a journal for our family and just with Jane-specific things. I wonder how I could combine them. I certainly am not gonna turn my blog into a novel. By the way, I am not a scrap booker because I am not creative and I think it's wicked expensive. Love ya, Stace