Saturday, June 14, 2008

Springville's Art City Days

We took part in a bunch of Art City Days festivities yesterday and it was so much fun! First I woke the kids at 6:15 to go see the hot air balloons taking off. They thought that was so cool! They're favorite part was the fire that blew into the balloons as they were starting to go up.
It was very very cold for the middle of June!

But there was still much excitement. (No this picture was not posed! I just got lucky!)



Brynley got a little grouchy after a while because she was "thirsty for water" and I was not prepared.

That afternoon we went to the craft fair and it was awful! Imagine about 20 outdoor tents where kids could make crafts, some cool, some silly (drawing a picture on a paper plate? c'mon.) There were tons of people everywhere and a line of at least 10 people at most booths. Not my idea of fun. We were there for about an hour and all we did was get faces painted. We walked through the booths looking for a short line and couldn't find one so we waited in line for about 15-20 min to get the kids faces painted, walked around looking for another short line, couldn't find one, so we left. But the kids really liked getting thier faces painted!




That night was the most anticipated activity! It was a Big Kahuna Beach Party: A Tribute to the Beach Boys Concert in an outdoor ampitheater!!! It was so much fun! We called a bunch of people from our ward and met there early with picnic dinners and played at the park while we waited for the concert to start. The band was great! They were actually a really good impersonation group and we had so much fun dancing and letting the kids run around while we listened to the great music. We stayed until 9:30 which is unheard of for us. We are usually major sticklers about bedtime but we were having so much and the kids were being so good so we kept staying. It brought back major childhood memories of going to the Monday night concerts in the park and getting KFC and meeting people from our ward at the outdoor ampitheater in Claremont. It was very nostalgic and fun!



6 comments:

Megan said...

Sounds super fun!! Wish we could have been there...

Jess said...

Oh how I miss Art City Days. That's a big bummer about the craft fair. I hate taking my kids where there's a million people and you have to wait for everything. The balloons look really cool.

Jess said...

Oh, I almost forgot...I'm having a contest on my blog that you are invited to. I know I still owe you vinyl, so the prize might not be very appealing to you. I told everyone that if they don't participate I was going to start leaving mean comments. Just warning you.

Kelly said...

oh my gosh Linds! What a day!! Those pics were so so so cute! I love that pic of the boys.. so funny!! I totally remember the concerts in Claremont! funny!!

Cant WAIT to see you guys, hopefully it will be soon!!

amandamenghini said...

I just can't believe you guys are wearing coats in some of those pictures- we hit 110 degrees this weekend in AZ. I wish I needed a coat...

Anonymous said...

haha!! I love these pictures so much! I wish I could comment on each picture individually! I love the one of the boys, and the one where Bryn is cranky because she wants water. haha! Love her! Looks like you guys had lots of fun! I miss you guys! I will be home in July sometime. Can't wait! Love ya!