Sunday, June 8, 2008

24 Weeks



Ok, I edited this and changed the picture. I just couldn't look at the other one. I think this one is cuter. :-)

Anyway, I just wanted to do an update on how I'm feeling. I hope this post doesn't sound to whiney... I just want to document my feelings, so if I do this again hopefully I will feel better reading these posts. So, I feel about as great as I look in this picture. I am huge. Seriously. My stomach is measuring about the same as I was at about 28-29 weeks with my other pregnancies. (Yes, I measure my stomach, I know it's wierd.) I am still eating healthy and everything but I just keep getting bigger and bigger... really fast. Also, and this is my main complaint, my back is killing me. I don't know if she is sitting on my sciatic nerve or what but by 6pm most days it hurts to walk around and by 8pm I can't walk at all. It's a really low pain, not like in my lower back muscles. It's down around my tail bone, that low. I'm not sure what it is. I do get shooting pains down my left leg and I'm assuming that's my sciatic nerve. I'm hoping it'll get better but I think it is something I'll just have to live with for the next ... ugh... 3 months. That sounds so long!

Anyway, enough complaining. Here's some other things. I'm having lots of Braxton Hicks contractions. Sometimes a really lot of them. I probobly have 10 a day usually. I'm still working out. Not hard at all. All I can really do is walk or ride my bike. I still lift, but I swear, someone is making the weights at the gym heavier. My strength is gone. But that's ok, it'll be back. She is moving around a ton. But, like the others, whenever someone besides me puts their hand on my belly she stops. I don't think Brandon's even felt her move yet. Hmmm... what else. I'm hard up on things to wear. Most of my maternity clothes I bought when I was pregnant with Caleb and they are so ugly now. I guess it makes sense. It has been 5 years. I guess that's about it! I'll update again in a month!

7 comments:

Jess said...

You are teeny. where are you hiding that baby?? I looked that big at 10 weeks. Sorry that you're in pain...that's never fun. Hang in there, it will be worth it!

Kelly said...

Linds you look great!! I love you!

Melinda B. said...

Ha ha, I was thinking the same thing about some of my maternity clothes, because they were hand me downs from my sister--- who was pregnant in 1994!!! I am already growing out of some of them too, so I really wish people would stop telling me how cute I am. I know the truth. I've been using a heating pad for lower back pain and it's helped more than I expected. Worth a shot anyway.

The Ackerman Family said...

I can't believe this is your 3rd child, and honestly Linds, you barely look prego in the pics you post! You are amazing for sticking with your workouts! If I get to do the pregnancy thing again, then I want to work out longer in my pregnancy and see what differences I notice. I am sorry about the pain!

Gingerlylizzy said...

Huh? You look tiny - and gorgeous and I hate you (ok not really). But seriously...

I know what you mean about all the pains. I feel like the body doesn't like #3 so much - and the Braxton Hicks... I swear AI have been having those since 12 weeks on? What is the deal?

courtneyb said...

very cute, I couldn't quite see your belly before. Even now it's pretty much not there. I feel like every time I stand up from sitting or when I get up in the morning I have to drag my right leg because my but is in so much pain. WHY??

Jess said...

All these pregnant ladies...I feel left out!!