Friday, January 30, 2009

Disneyland Trip - Sat and Sun

We left for CA early (8am) on Saturday morning. The kids were great in the car and the time flew by! We stayed at my good friend from high school and his family's house, Tyler and Kristi Brown. We had tons of fun visiting with them and letting the kids go crazy. Literally. Kristi was so sweet to welcome all 5 of us into her home especially in her 'almost done being pregnant' state. Thanks you guys so much for your hospitality! We loved hanging out with you!

Sunday morning Tyler made us all pancakes and we went to Claremont First ward (the ward I grew up in). It was so incredibly fun. My parents met us there and we had so much fun visiting with everybody we hadn't seen in at least 6 years. They even welcomed us over the pulpit! It was great! Then we went to visit our good friends, Gary and Sandy Riley. We haven't seen them in 6 years either and that was a lot of fun. Then we went to my Grandpa's house (Dad's dad). We visited with him and his wife for a long time and it was great. He kept saying over and over again "This is so great. I'm so glad you all came. This is so great." I really think we made his day by visiting and it made me so happy to see my kids interact with another great grandparent. It was really fun catching up with them.



After Grandpa's house we went to Huntington Beach. The kids loved walking on the pier and watching the surfers. It was very windy and thus pretty cold so we didn't even put our feet in the water but it was still a lot of fun to just go there and walk around.







After the beach, another good friend from High School, Kent, came over with his new wife, Nellie, for dinner at the Brown's. I have never met Nellie and hadn't seen Kent for about 5 years so that was a lot of fun staying up late and catching up. Yes, 11pm is now late for us. Pretty sad, huh? I meant to get a picture and I'm so mad that I forgot! Oh well, maybe next time. Thanks so much Kent and Nellie for coming so far to get together! We had a great time!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Ahh, fun! You should have called when you were in Huntington. We would have come to say "hi!"

Saun and Wes said...

Cute pics! I have never seen Brynley smile so much. How fun! Where are the princess pictures? DId you take any?