Friday, February 29, 2008

Wanna know my secret...?

Ok, so I can't keep a secret. Many of you already know my secret because... well, I can't keep a secret. I'll give you a hint. I told Caleb my secret thinking he wouldn't tell anyone and we get home from the gym one day and he says to me "Don't worry I didn't tell anyone our secret. I just told them I had a secret and I can't tell until it gets bigger."

Yep! We got a puppy! Just kidding. I'm pregnant! I'm only 10 weeks now, so it is a little earlier than most people start telling but, as I said before, I can't keep a secret. I am due September 29th. I am feeling great right now. I had a couple weeks of semi sickness. Just feeling yucky and gross. Nothing too bad though. I am blowing up like a balloon though! I've only gained 3 pounds but I feel like the biggest whale. I'm so stinkin bloated and puffy. With my last two, I didn't notice any body changes until the second trimester so this is yucky and new to me. When I was pregnant with Caleb I remember walking around Motherhood at 24 weeks thinking "When will ever be able to wear maternity clothes?!" And I didn't wear them much. Just at the end. Brynley's was a normal pregnancy. Maybe this will be a fat pregnancy. And if we ever do this again, maybe the next will be an obese pregnancy. Who knows. But i'm not liking this trend.

Anyway, enough complaining. Here are some things I wrote in a journal when I found out since I wasn't posting on here about it yet:

4 weeks: Found out I am pregnant today! Two days ago, Saturday, I took a pregnancy test (3 days before expected period). I gave it a couple of minutes and it was negative so I threw it away. That night I pulled it out of the trash and it was positive. The trick is, though, that the line has to have appeared within 10 minutes for it to be accurate and I don’t know when it appeared. So I took another one Sunday and Monday mornings and got very faint positives. I know that any line is considered a positive but it still made me nervous. So I went to the dr today, Tuesday, and they verified! They said the lines have been faint just b/c I’ve been testing early. We’re really excited! I am actually kind of surprised b/c I don’t feel anything at all. Last month, the first month we started trying, I could at least imagine symptoms but this month I couldn’t find any symptoms at all! But, we’re excited to be having our third!

7 weeks: I am feeling really yucky lately. I feel weird all the time. Not throw up sick, just uncomfortable. Maybe a little car sick all the time. Nothing sounds good to eat. And the things that do sound good aren’t really that healthy so when I eat them I feel even yuckier. I’ve only gained a pound so far but I feel enormous. My jeans are just a bit too snug for comfort but I refuse to rubber band them this early, so I’m chillin in sweats most of the time. I do have a couple pair of “fat” jeans that I have been wearing when I leave the house. I went to wear my black shade dress to church today and it was not cute. I looked sorta skinny through my waist but then I had a big old poochy belly. Seriously. I’m not even exaggerating. I just can’t believe I can already see it this early! Sorry, to go on and on… I’m kind of having a hard time with this. I think if I were farther along it wouldn’t bother me so much. But I really want to document my feelings because IF and that’s a big IF we decide to do this again, I want to remember how I felt. Anyway, I have been tired but nothing unmanageable. I am not napping during the day b/c then I have a hard time falling asleep at night. If I don’t nap I can fall asleep immediately and that’s such a nice feeling. Workouts are still going. Still lifting as normal. My cardio’s suffering a little. I’ve cut the intensity back of course, but I can’t jog very fast or do quick movements in spin b/c it makes me feel like I’m going to barf. Anyway, that’s about it. I’ll check back in soon.

10 Weeks: My yuckiness is gone and I'm back to eating my yummy healthy foods. I'm feeling so much better. Still feeling fat but I suppose that's to be expected. My workouts are great. I had to cut my cardio time down to about 20 min a session b/c too much more makes me feel lightheaded. But I'm running again without feeling sick. I've probobly only got another month or two left before I can't do that anymore. Still lifting as normal and feeling great. And it's warm here. So life is much better than a few weeks ago!

17 comments:

Kelly said...

hahaha... cats outa the bag! WAHOOO

Bertie said...

Yeah!! Congrats again Linds! I'm so excited for you:) You are so cute, and I can't wait for your pregoness to start showing!!

Mere said...

Congratulations!

Em and Ms said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys! Yeah, once you tell the kids the secret doesn't stay secret for long.

The Ackerman Family said...

Congratulations Linds! That is so exciting! You are due on Chloe's Birthday. I am so happy for you! We will have little babies together!

Katrina said...

WHAT?? I had no idea. Just kidding, everyone. I found out on Valentine's day because I'm so special. Once again, congrats!

I expect you'll never have an obese anything, Lindsey Mathews.

Melinda B. said...

The same thing is happening to me! First pregnancy- no one could tell at 6 months.
Third pregnancy- I broke out my box of maternity clothes at 12 weeks!!!!
I think your body just remembers sooner the more babies you have.
I'm so excited for you. And happy to hear you are feeling so good. (brat) Congratulations!

Megan said...

Hurray!! Congratulations! Wow, Lindsey- THREE!!! I'm excited for your upcoming craziness!

amandamenghini said...

That is awesome! I'm sure you will be an adorable pregnant lady!

pinon family said...

Congrats :)! So excited for you guys (our kids will all be about the same age). Woo hoo!

Gingerlylizzy said...

Congratulations! Sounds like there are quite a few of us expecting around the same time. Will be a busy few months for babies!

Marisa said...

Congrats!!!

dandee said...

Yay! Another Mathews baby on the way!

mostly Stacy said...

I love Calebs comment.... too cute. I'm so excited for you!. Hey and if this is a "fat" pregnancy it's just that many more pounds you can watch melt off, you workout fiend!

Camille Law said...

Thrilled for you guys! Can't wait to be prego too...hopefully soon, but no luck yet. Love you girl. Give me a call sometime, I have to talk to you! Love, Camille

nicole said...

That is so exciting! I love that you documented your feelings early on...and thanks for sharing them with us. :)

Saun and Wes said...

Love the background! Especially for March. So festive!