Thursday, March 13, 2008

Has it been two weeks? What have we been up to...

I can't believe it's been two weeks since I last posted! I really am going to try to be better about posting more often! Here's a little bit of what we've been up to:

We put in part of our garden last week! My dad came over with his roto-tiller (however you spell that) and we mixed in some yummy stuff into the soil and planted my peas and carrots! I'm so excited to have a garden this year! We are also going to plant tomatoes, strawberries, bell peppers, cucumbers, squash and zuchinni! I hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew here... Here is a picture of the kids helping.


Brandon's mom came for an impromptu visit this weekend! It was so much fun to have her! We love having her come visit. We didn't do a whole lot. We went bowling at BYU (a favorite around here), went to costa vida (her favorite utah place), went to deseret book, Sam's club, bbq'd shishkabobs, etc. Just some lazy good times. Here is a picture of her and the kids:


I have been having Caleb help me with cleaning lately and he is doing so good! His job is the bathrooms. I give him a clorox wipe and he wipes the counters better than I do! He is very thorough and never leaves streaks. I feel kind of like I'm running a child labor camp here, though... He gets a dollar a week for doing his chores. Today after he finished the bathrooms I said, "Caleb do you want to clean the bathroom floors for 25 cents?" He says, "YEAH!!!!" So he did that too. I kind of feel guilty. But not that guilty. I don't have to clean my bathrooms anymore!!! He also decided he wanted to start paying tithing so we went to deseret book and got him one of those classic "piggy banks" with a savings, tithing and spending section. He LOVES it! It's really cute. Now, the hard part will be getting him to save his spending money long enough to buy something actually worthwhile. I guess this is where the learning opportunities come in...

Yes, I am still pregnant. I will be 12 weeks this weekend. I will post an update with pictures this weekend. I will be back on soon!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh, I'm jealous of the garden planting! I miss having a yard! Love the new look of the blog too.

Kelly said...

oh yeah!! That is so fun for Caleb! I remember we all had those piggy banks!! The kids are getting sooo big!! Tell them I love them and i will see them soon!!

Katrina said...

We started bribing Anders with an allowance a few weeks ago. I got so tired of him begging for everything he sees, so this way he can save his own money and learn the value of it! And, he's not all that thrilled with the idea of paying tithing, but that might change when he gets to give the envelope to the bishop!

Tanya said...

I found your blog through the Oxygen boards. Congrats on the pregnancy!

I'm also jealous of the garden. We still have a couple of feet of snow and 30 degree temps :( I'm dreaming of warm weather!

Melanie said...

Hey! You go girl, with the getting pregnant again feat. We're thrilled for you guys. That doesn't mean I need to think about having my third anytime soon, does it? YIKES, overwhelming. And I love how your kids smile for pictures. So stinkin' cute!