Thursday, March 20, 2008

Too many Dr's in one day...

This morning I had my 12 week dr. apt and got to hear the heartbeat! That was fun. This is my third time though... and all heart beats sound the same. But it was still really fun. And, thankfully, there was only one. ;-) The dr. told me that since this is my third, if I want to, I can skip my 16 week apt (since all they do is check the heart beat again) and do my ultrasound early! So, I scheduled my ultrasound for Thursday May 1, 6 weeks from today. I will be almost 19 weeks at that point. I'm so excited!

The other dr apt we had today was for Caleb. We thought he was over his flu but today his lip was really red, swollen and hard. (His lip has extra lymph tissue so when ever he gets any kind of infection, like a cold or anything, it gets swollen and red.) He was also in tears most of the day because it was hurting him so bad. It was so swollen he couldn't talk except for a mumble and couldn't eat much of anything. So, this afternoon we took him to the dr and sure enough it's infected. They had to give him two shots of antibiotic because the dr didn't think oral antibiotics would be effective enough. We have to go back in tomorrow to get him checked out again. Poor kid. He had lots of pain today. I guess the only good thing that comes from sickness is naps! We all took a nap today and were late to the dr because of it! Oops!

4 comments:

Katrina said...

Poor Caleb, I hope he gets better soon. Yesterday out of the blue Anders said, "Caleb has a big lip, but he just has to keep rubbing it." It was funny that he was just thinking about that randomly.

Megan said...

Awe, that breaks my heart!! Poor little guy... Hang in there you guys!

Guileless Mom said...

Hey Linds!! I saw you on Kelly's site and wanted to say hi! Congratulations on your pregnancy! How exciting!! #3!!!!!! Hope things are a little better at your house now. :)

Guileless Mom said...

oops! =) This is Amy (Boyer)