Friday, February 15, 2008

Outrigger Races

My flight tonight doesn't leave until about 8pm but I had to check out of my room at 10am. The front desk kindly let me get a late checkout at 10:30. Lovely...

I didn't know what I was going to do to waste time. I didn't feel like going to the beach to swim or lay out or do much because I don't want to get all stinky and sweaty before a 13 hr flight. So I walked down by the beach to sit and read and there were people everywhere. Turns out there was an outrigger race scheduled this morning and it was scheduled to start in about 45 min.

It was really cool, there were about 30 teams in the race and there was a helicopter either doing video coverage or as race officials.
There was a group playing Polynesian drums and playing Māori songs. It was a good way to end a trip to New Zealand.
Let the race begin!
Now that its about 12:45, I only have about 7 more hours to kill...

3 comments:

courtneyb said...

How much do they charge you for late check out?

Saun and Wes said...

Hey, your pics are awesome! It looks like you had fun even tho you had to work. Too bad, Lindsey couldn't have gone too and you guys could have had tons of fun!

Brandon said...

They charged me 0.00 plastic New Zealand dollars.

You get what you pay for.