Sunday, November 18, 2007

Our new Christmas tree!

Ok, so I am so not confident in my decorating abilities... that's why I am so proud of my new tree! We went to set up our 6 1/2 foot tree in a different spot this year than last year (to put it in the bay window again we would have to rearrange the furniture and we didn't feel like doing that). The spot that was best was right under the highest part of the vaulted cielings. That tree looked rediculously miniature under the high cieling. We've been wanting to get a nice tree for a few years so we decided to suck it up and do it! They had a 9 foot pre lit narrow tree for only $125 at wal mart. We called Costco and Target before we bought it and theirs were all over $300! So, we hurried and got it.

But now we had to decorate it. They have those "tree in a box" kits at Target and Costco for ($100 and $190 respectively) where it's all the decorations you need for your tree in one convenient little box. We checked those out and I didn't like them. The Target one was all balls (brandon would insert: that's what she said) which looked cheap to me and the Costco one was all gold which I wasn't going for. I checked out Roberts and their trees were too themed; i wanted more of a classic tree not like a cowboy tree or a nature tree or a princess tree or whatever they had. But all the decorations at Roberts where on sale through last night. So last night an hour before they closed I went to Roberts to try and be creative. I knew I wanted muted green, red and gold for the colors and I wan't kind of fancy but not too much. Here's what I came up with: (And I got it all at 40% off so it only cost me $140 bucks! It's not as full as I'd like but I plan to add on another year.)


8 comments:

Kelly said...

that looks great linds! kinda like mom and dads haha but i still like it!! i wish we could get a christmas tree!!! hahaha.... maybe next year!

soooo cute... i love it

Marisa said...

your tree looks awesome! good job, Linds!!!

pinon family said...

so cute Linds!! and did I mention that I am super jealous of your cruise?!!

Bertie said...

WOW! Great job girl!! It looks amazing and I'm even more amazed you have gotten it up this time- usually mine is up Christmas eve! LOL! Maybe that is a little bit of an exaggeration- but not much!

Katrina said...

It's way cute! I'm jealous!

scooping it up said...

Very cute linds, I am trying to convince Andrew that I want a real tree this year but since I can't really go pick one out we will have to make due with our oh so Charlie Brown looking fakey from Target. Yours looks fantastic though. Way to be on the ball with Christmas decorations.

courtneyb said...

it looks really good there. Your house looks so cozy. yeah, makes me a little homesick!

Melanie said...

it looks like the kind they have in the conference center at the christmas devotional. fantastic! maybe potential for another part time income? :)