Sunday, November 11, 2007

Going on our cruise - All Aboard!

All Aboard! Sunday Nov 4th we left on our Western Caribbean Cruise! We sailed on Carnival's Liberty. It was a really big, nice ship and we loved it! Loved the food, the staff, everything about it! I am doing a day by day synopsis so I hope you're all comfortable!

Sunday we woke up in Ft. Lauderdale and went for a run. (I am going into this vacation with a strategy. 45-60 min of cardio a day. I am still going to eat whatever I want but hopefully my workouts plus other activity will keep some pounds off. Turned out it worked! I only gained 4.5 lbs instead of the 7-8 i usually gain!) After our run and shower we took the shuttle to the port on got on the ship!

Of course we went straight to the food! They have this deli on board that makes the best sandwiches ever. That is where we ate most of our lunches. The also have lunch buffets, a grill with burgers and hot dogs, a fish and chips stand and a pizzeria. Those are all open all the time. So for lunch we had sandwiches and dessert. Then we set off to explore the ship. Here are some pictures of the inside of the boat:




Soon it was time for muster! This is where you have a saftey drill and they show you what to do if there is an emergency. A necessary evil.

Then we headed up to the deck for a Bon Voyage party! Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot!

After the party we headed back to our room to unpack and take a nap. We take long naps on vacation.

Then we woke up and got ready for dinner. Our waiter is Robert from Jamaica and our assistant waiter is Rico from the Philippines! They were awesome!

9 comments:

The Ackerman Family said...

How fun Linds!!! I am glad you and Brandon could take a vacation together! To answer you question about Discovery Gateway...yes it is at the Gateway across from Abercrombie. If you want to go sometime, I think we have 2 guess passes with our membership. It is kind of pricey if you only go one time, like $8 per person or so, and you have to pay for kids 1 and older. My kids love it. They could stay there forever.

Saun and Wes said...

That looks so fun. I am getting stoked for mine in a little over a month. Yea! Anyway, you are gorgeous, very photogenic. I want to hear all about it. We will have to go to the playground sometime this week.

nicole said...

I'm so jealous! I love all your pics, and I'm so impressed that you did your workouts on a cruise ship! We did that cruise a couple of years ago...we loved it and can't wait for another vacation!

Camille Law said...

Great Cruise pics! Garrett & I did this same one and loved it! Glad you guys could get away.

courtneyb said...

I have to say, I really like your hair like that!

Bertie said...

Linds!!!

Can I just tell you how jealous I am right now?? I'm so mad we did not go with ya'll! Next time- after looking at your pics I started looking online for different cruises! We have a port here 1 hour away- and I feel like we are cheating ourselves not using it! LOL! WOW! You looked beautiful and amazing and gorgeous all wrapped in one! :)

Katrina said...

Looks like it was a blast! We will go on one together one day. Oh yes, we will. So, one question....how many bathing suits DO you have? (you look fab in all of them, by the way)

amandamenghini said...

We went on this exact same cruise! It was so fun- I'm way jealous. We hiked those same falls in ocho rios- it was pretty crazy but soooo beautiful. Someone also tried to sell us some wacky tobacky while we were there.

Megan said...

Ok- I'm jealous. 1. Because your hair seems to be growing so fast!! I can't believe how long it is. 2. Because you look AMAZING and 3. Because of this super fun, exotic trip you two went on. Can I live vicariously through you please?