Friday, October 19, 2007

Field trip to Hee Haws


Today Caleb's Preschool class took a field trip to Hee Haw's, a pumpkin patch in Pleasant Grove. It was a lot of fun but really crowded.


They have a bunch of animals that we looked at first. There were goats, bunnies, horses, turkeys and the biggest pig i've ever seen in my life. They said it weighed 1300 lbs!!

Then we went and ran around in some bales of hay and went through a little spook alley.




After that we went through a corn maze to this huge, really fun (kinda scary!) slide. Caleb loved going down the slide.

Brynley wanted to go down with me so we climb up these steep bales of hay to get to the top. She looks down and changes her mind. She absolutely does NOT want to go down this slide. I try to take her back down the bales of high to the bottom but they were too steep and there were tons of kids coming up. We had to go down the slide anyway. (I held her on my lap). This was her reaction at the bottom.


Another great two year old moment. I felt a little bad whipping out the camera instead of getting her up off the floor... but i had to have a picture! After the big scary slide we went on a fun hay ride.


By this time the kids were a little burned out. Then we got to pick out a small pumpkin to take home and we left. It was a tiring and busy but very fun morning!

9 comments:

Melinda B. said...

Your hair is fantastic. I just love it and think it fits you so well.

Lindsey said...

aw, thanks. that's nice.

Kelly said...

ok... you looked SOOO cute in all these pics. but... i want my dress back. I didnt think it would be cold enough to wear up here... looks like it will be.
lets share....???
love you

Kelly said...

ps roger and i couldnt stop laughing at that pic of bryn... you mean mom!! jk

Katrina said...

I love when my kids aren't the only ones that do stuff like that. Thanks, Brynley!

Welsch Family said...

I think it's great how you just grabbed your camera and got a picture of that terrific 2 year old moment. Who needs only smiling pictures recorede of their children? I like the real moments. We have them too. :)

The Ackerman Family said...

Seeing all the festive activities you guys are doing is making my kids look deprived! We haven't taken them to do anything! Before I know it Halloween will have come and gone! I love all the pics! Your kids are so cute!

Bertie said...

LOL! You crack me up! I also love how you took a pic of Brynley screaming her head off!! Those are pics to keep forever and give them to her, when she is complaining about her own little 2 year olds doing that!

courtneyb said...

love hee haws! that new slide looks fun. i'm glad you always have blogging on your mind and capture the children at their best for our entertainment.