Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there! I had a superb mom's day. It all started with the fam letting me sleep in (until 7am... that's sleeping in around here). Then at 7am caleb ran in with my presents begging me to open them. Caleb got me some weight lifting gloves (yes, i used to make fun of those people at the gym too but the hands were starting to hurt too bad so i'm excited) and Brandon and Brynley each got me a shoe rack. A shoe rack, what am I gonna do with a shoe rack? I don't even own A shoe let alone many shoes that would necessitate an entire rack. What am I going to do with a shoe rack? Ok, just kidding. I actually own lots of shoes that's apparently why I got two shoe racks. If I don't need both I get to pocket 20 bucks. We'll see what happens. I am excited to get those babies organized though. Moving along. I then get served a fabulous breakfast of gourmet crepes by my wonderful crepe cooking husband. We proceed to church where I get to play the piano whilst the children sing to their mommies, then help Caleb present his 2nd talk in two weeks in primary, accompany the primary kids on the piano, then paraphrase a story in RS. Ok, so i didn't really do that last one but i was asked to and prepared it but then she asked someone else... it's a long story. So, we had a nice busy time at church.

I'll make a new paragraph here... just for a break for the eyes. After lunch I got to take a nap! I love naps. Then we went to my parents house for dinner. It was mother's day for three of us and kelly's fiance, Roger's, birthday. We had quite the celebration. Salmon, potatoes, salad, fruit with berry rhubarb crisp for dessert. Yum. I make all the desserts by the way. I'm very good at that if you didn't already know. ;-)

Anyway, we bring ourselves to the present. Where I am about to settle myself in front of the tv to watch Desperate Housewives. I hope you've all enjoyed my minute by minute rendition of mother's day. I leave you with this deep thought from Caleb regarding mothers day.

Caleb: "Mom, we poop and pee on Mother's Day."
Me: "Yes, Caleb we do."

Happy Mother's Day

8 comments:

Katrina said...

Oh my gosh! I LOVE Wayne's World! Glad you had a good mother's day! Very funny Caleb comment.

Gingerlylizzy said...

Thanks for the compliment. That last part of your blog had me laughing so hard!

Melissa said...

Caleb already has to talk in primary? Isn't he only 3???? Love all the updates!

Lindsey said...

Hi you guys! Thanks for the comments!

Melissa- yeah the kids go to primary the january after they turn three. And all the kids take turns doing scriptures, talks, and prayers. It's really pretty funny, actually.

Melissa said...

That has got to be adorable!

dandee said...

Happy(belated)Mother's Day Lindsey!

courtneyb said...

very wonderful mother's day!!! sleeping in, naps and no poopie diapers are my requirements for mother's day :)
that is my favorite quote from wayne's world, i always think of it when I see people with gun racks in their truck back window

Marisa said...

Hey Linds...you've been tagged. Check my blog! You'd better do it...