Saturday, October 17, 2009

Our "Vacation" to Southern California

Every time I come here I remember how wonderful it is... Oh I love Southern California! This was the most relaxing 3 days ever! Ok, so maybe not for Brandon because he was going there for work and I just tagged along. C'mon, free hotel, free car, free food, wouldn't you?! We left the kids with the McCain's, a family in our ward, and the kids did great! Thanks Carl and Devin you guys are THE BEST!!!

We flew down last Monday night and drove straight to Huntington Beach for dinner. We went to Spark, this nice restaurant over looking the beach. We had a nice per diem for dinner each night so we had a lot of fun choosing our restaurants! We never go out to eat so this was pretty fun for us. Food was superb, the view was gorgeous but I was extremely exhuasted. Can you tell? It had been a long week...
I made up for lack of sleep by sleeping 11 hours that night!

Tuesday started with a 5 mile run along the beach and it was wonderful. It was supposed to rain that day but it didn't start until I was done running and walking back to my car. Perfect timing! I spent the day with my friend, Bertie, whom I've actually never met before! We "met" on an online fitness forum and have been "friends" ever since! Now we are real friends not just "friends". Love you Bertie! We went to Irvine Spectrum and it was awesome! Great stores and atmosphere!

After Brandon got off work we went over to Downtown Disney and tried to buy some cheap tickets to get into the park.

It didn't work. Some people actually walked by us and said that they had just sold their tickets to someone else. We were too late! We had dinner and then did some shopping.

Afterwards we met my good friend from high school, Kent, his wife, Nellie and his brother and dad for dessert. It was actually Kent's birthday so we got to celebrate with them! It was tons of fun catching up! Thanks you guys for letting us celebrate with you!

Wenesday I went up LA and hung out with Dane. We were going to go to the beach or something but it was lightly raining all day so we didn't. He showed me the Venice Canals, Muscle Beach, and the little bit scary side of Venice Beach. Lol. Since it was rainy there weren't any tourists to dilute the scariness of the "locals".
Here we are posing at Muscle Beach. It was closed for the first time ever due to the rain.



Then we went to Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica and had lunch, walked around and got a Pinkberry! I had so much fun hanging out with my bro and seeing his apartment and where he lives his life!


Wednesday night we went to one of my favorite places on the planet. Seriously, Dana Point is amazing. Talk about gorgeous.


Is this not a little bit of heaven on earth?


We ate at another fancy, schmancy restuarant that over looked the harbor while the sun set. It was wonderful. :-)

Thursday after another run along Huntington Beach the sun FINALLY came out! I spent my last 2 hours in California at Newport Beach. I had the place all to myself! When Brandon finished working we had about 30 min to kill so we went back to Newport and walked along the beach for a while.

We came home Thursday night to a house in perfect order and sleeping children. THANK YOU DEVIN!!!! Thanks for making this wonderful "vacation" possible!

4 comments:

courtneyb said...

i'm jealous. sounds like it was fabulous!

Bertie said...

It was so much fun meeting you too! How did Brandon like your new Lulu Lemon pants??:)

ps-- I think you need to make a side note on our picture together- that I'm 6 months preggers and NOT fat! LOL! just kidding, but not really:)

I'm glad you had a fun trip out here and you are welcome to visit ANYTIME!!

Saundra said...

Yay! I am so glad you had a great time. You look great in all your pics...and very tan.

Eudaimonia said...

Hi! I am getting ready to do the same thing! I've wanted to visit SoCal for ever and my husband and I were so excited when we found out his company was sending him! So, I've spent the past week checking out sites and blogs to help us plan out our stay. Do you have any suggestions? Things I MUST see? I would appreciate any suggestions, we leave in two weeks!!!