Sunday, October 11, 2009

NPC Bikini!

For those of you who don't know, yesterday I competed in an NPC Figure competition. I competed in the bikini division which is a little softer than figure (think fitness model as opposed to body builder). I have been wanted to do the competition that is in May but about 10 days ago I decided, what the heck! I decided to just do this one to learn the ropes and figure out how to do things before I really go in there with my game face on. :-)

The morning started with an early competitors meeting before the pre judging. There were 78 total competitors which is the biggest show they've ever had. There were 14 in my division, bikini tall, and 12 in bikini short. The morning show was the prejudging. For that one we walk out, do our three poses and then got back to the line. Then the whole line walks up and we do our front and back poses switching when the judges tell us to, sucking it in, flexing our abs and smiling the whole time. It was hard work. Really it was. I am on the left in all of these.









One thing you'll notice is how WHITE I look compared to everyone else. I took the same steps (mostly) as the other girls but for some strange reason my body didn't absorb it or take to it or something. I'm going to have to figure out something different for next time. You are judged on your "skin tone" aka tan and it looks bad if you stand out like I did. But, oh well. Live and learn.

Between the morning and evening shows, a few of us went to a photo shoot. One of the girls (the one who ended up winning) has a friend who is a photographer and wanted to photograph some of the competitors for free! So she and I and three others went and did that between the two shows. It was so much fun! I'll show you those pictures when I have them.

The evening show was the one that the public comes to where the bodybuilders do their routines and stuff. There were probobly only 50 people in the audience in the morning and there were probobly close to 700 people there at night. Yes, I pranced around in a teeny bikini in front of 700 people and I wasn't even nervous! Seriously I wasn't. Wierd, huh? Anyway for the evening show, we just walk out, do our poses and then walk off. Then they bring the top 5 out and do the placings. I won't know how I did until they post the judges scores online and I dont' know when that will be. There will also be official NPC pictures online so I will post when those are up too.

These are the girls that won. The girl who won tall is one the left and the girl who won short and overall is on the right. She was my backstage friend and was the one who set up the photo shoot.



I had a great time. Brandon doesn't understand how I can possibly think what I did yesterday is fun but he has been so supportive of all the exercise I've had to do, water I've had to drink and crazy food I've had to eat. And just think, I only did it for 2 weeks this time. Next time it will be for a full 12!

10 comments:

courtneyb said...

you look awesome up there, way to go!

scooping it up said...

Linds, you are the only one who looked really fit and gorgeous. Everyone else looked whorish and I am serious. The one girl in black had her backside sticking so far out I was like "honey, this does not need to be rated R." You looked awesome. I want my butt to look like yours. I am so proud of you.

Saundra said...

I am so proud of you! Way to go! All your hard work is paying off!

Katrina said...

You look awesome! Way to work it!

Jessie said...

Not sure it's my cup of tea, but I commend you for working towards a goal.

Bryan and Laura Taylor said...

You look great! It looks like a fun competition, and very inspiring.

Krissa said...

Bout time you updated on the comp!

You look very pretty. Great booty :)

GREAT JOB!!!!

Gingerlylizzy said...

I think you were the sexiest up there... I am not a fan of the "Looks-like-I-was-left-in-the-oven-too-long" tan and so yours was the best "skin tone" (Can't believe they judge on TANS! LOL Also, you are so fit and still female - a lot of those models looked a little too masculine for my tastes. WAY TO GO!

Liz said...

WOWZERS Lindsey! You are so brave! And I thought our little photo-shoot for the the hubbies was brave! ha ha! But this is WAY beyond that! :) You look so amazing and fit... I am VERY impressed! Way to go babe!

Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete said...

That takes so much commitment!! I have the hardest time with my nutrition! Good for you for staying strong! It looks like it definitely paid off!!