Wednesday, October 7, 2009

One of my favorite "one year old" moments...

One of my favorite things about my babies turning one is turning their car seat around. I don't know about you, but my babies LOVE this. They laugh and giggle the entire first few rides. Wouldn't you?! There's so much new stuff to see! And, hey! There's mom and dad! RIGHT there! I had no idea they were right there!

There are some criteria to be met before we turn the seat around, besides the standard 1 year and 20 lb rule. We must have the camera. Both parents must be present. We must be driving somewhere far enough that she has a good chunk of time to experience this first ride. That usually leaves only Sundays when we go to my parents' house. We flipped her this last Sunday and would you just look at this happiness:





5 comments:

Katrina said...

SO CUTE!

So is she done with the "head accessory?" She's so cute, Lindsey.

Kelly said...

hahaha, that is hilarious. You should have videoed it!!

scooping it up said...

how sweet! it never occured to me to make a big deal of that moment but you're right, kids LOVE it. what a smile on that girl...

Saundra said...

I love her little face. She is so precious. Is she going to miss seeing her big brother's face though?

Gingerlylizzy said...

LOL! I love that too! (She is so cute!). We flipped Grant and it is so fun... but then, we were watching the news and they are now reccomending you keep them rear facing for as long as possible (up to 2!!!), the problem is, he is getting a little long so I am not sure how "possible" that is!