Friday, August 21, 2009

Caleb and Brynley's First Day of School!

I have got some MAJOR blog catching up to do especially with our fantastically amazing family reunion vacation. I am hoping to get it all done this weekend, so check back for more updates!

Caleb started 1st grade on Wednesday! He was so excited and I was excited that he was excited. He was a little nervous when we walked into his class room but within a few minutes he was fine.

Everyday this week as I've picked him up from school he has gone on and on about how much he loves first grade. Yesterday he said, "I hope I don't ever grow out of first grade because it is so fun!"

After his first day of school I asked him if he liked all day school. He said, "I didn't go to school all day. I just went until now." Did he think that all day school meant morning to night...? Funny kid.

Wednesday was also Brynley's first day of preschool. She has been excited to go to Mrs. Suzan for the last 2 years and today the day came! She was bouncing off the walls with excitment all morning long!



When Caleb was in preschool (and kindergarten for that matter) when I would ask him what they did he would just say, "I don't know" or "I can't remember". I asked
Brynley what she did and I got a minute by minute replay! "First we did this and then we did that. Then we sang songs and then we had snack. We had (blank) for snack. Then we did this. Etc." I guess that's the difference between boys and girls!

After I dropped Brynley off at school I went grocery shopping and it was so nice to run errands with only a baby in tow! There was no one to beg, whine or run away from me in the store! While running errands will be great while kids are at school, part of me feels like this chapter of my life (the chapter with young kids home all day) is beginning to come to a close. Caleb is getting so big and old. He is such a good boy and I love him so much. I just can't believe he is in full on, real school now. It is fun and a teeny bit sad all at the same time.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I love it that you got a PLAY-by-PLAY!!! :) That's totally how girls are! hahaha!!! :)

Kelly said...

haha, i loved that play-by-play comment too! So funny and I could totally hear both kids saying those things. haha. So funny. I miss them. I am excited to see pics and read about your fun family reunion!