Thursday, May 7, 2009

We broke out the WHAT last night?


(sorry for those of you who read my fiteats blog because this story is copied over there too...)

That was so me last night! Ok, not so much. But we did break out the rollerblades! Neither Brandon or I had rollerbladed in at least 10 years … until yesterday! The kids wanted to go the park so we thought we’d “blade” there. (Is that what they used to call it?) We got the rollerblades on and it’s a miracle we even made it out of the garage. We weren’t sure how we’d make it all the way to the park which was a long 1/4 mile away if we went around the block first. Brandon’s blades were completely missing breaks. Mine had a break but I was too scared to actually tilt my foot back far enough to use it.

I got to push the stroller because I wanted it to help me stay on my feet. To get to the bottom of the drive way I had Caleb watch for cars and I careened down the drive way pushing the girls in front of me, screaming the whole way. Was it the safest way to go? Probobly not. But I made it down. Brandon side stepped down the grassy area on the side of the house. Sorry, honey, I had to tell them.

We ended up making it around the block and to the park. The kids played and then we braved the way home. Let me paint one more picture for you. I hope this is as funny as it was last night.

Here I am trying to “blade” up the driveway pushing the stroller in front of me. I couldn’t quite get up it. So Brandon says he’s going to help. (Lol, I’m dying laughing as I type this…) He skates over but can’t stop when he gets to us and he’s yelling for me to move, but, hello? Where am I supposed to go? He ends up running right into my arms that are holding the stroller and I almost clothes line him. He didn’t fall but it was close and I helped him stop. Then he helped me get the stroller to the top of the driveway. We were laughing so hard!

While we may not be the best roller bladers around, we had a great time, a lot of laughes and we’ll probobly break them out again.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

hahahahaha, oh my gosh, I am dying. I wish the 4 of us could go "blading". That would be SO fun!! My friend roller blades with her kids too!! Fun fun!

Lisa said...

I wish I was your neighbor so I could have watched this through my window because I definitely would have laughed at you.