Sunday, May 24, 2009

Last Day of School

I can't believe Caleb is done with Kindergarten! I actually cried as we were leaving his school. Wierd, I know. I normally wouldn’t call myself the type that is sad that my kids are growing up. I wasn’t sad his first day of kindergarten. I was excited for him and he was excited. But a little part of my today was sad that this year flew by so fast and my big boy is going to be in 1st grade next year! We were walking out of his school (I was wearing sunglasses I might add) and I said, “Caleb, can you believe you’re done with Kind-(voice catch)-ergarten?” That was the extent of it. I’m not talking heaving balling. Just a little sadness that he is growing up so quickly.

The had a cute little program. Here he is surrounded by the other kindergarteners. What? You don't see him? He's the one in the red shirt. Lol, I crack myself up.

Here he is at the beginning of the year:

And here he is at the end. He doesn't look much different. Maybe a little wiser?

The next day Brandon's mom came into town. We had a nice long picnic at the park. She played with the kids and I ... took a nap under a tree. :) Thanks, Mary! I love it when you come!

No comments: