Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Wednesday January 15: Barbados



Today we spent the day in Barbados. After breakfast and exercise, we got ready to head off the ship. The day started kind of crappy but ended up being one of our favorites. Ok, they were really all favorites, I don’t think I could choose a favorite. I had read on cruise critic that you can take a city bus to Accra Beach. We walked for about 20 minutes to the bus terminal only to find out that they don’t take US dollars.


So we ended up just getting a taxi. We were both a little annoyed and then in the taxi it started pouring rain. We got to Accra beach and it was still rainy. We waited under a tree for a while for it to blow over. It finally did and was gorgeous the rest of the day!

Now he's happy!




Let it be known that as of Jan 13, 2010 Accra Beach on Barbados officially overtook Sunset Beach on Oahu as our favorite beach we’ve ever been to. The sand was soft; the water was aqua blue and clear; there were biggish waves (most Caribbean beaches are really calm); It was PERFECT. We had so much fun body surfing and playing in the waves. It was by far the best beach on the cruise and probably the best of my life.

After a few hours at the beach we took a taxi back to the ship for the afternoon/evening usual.




Saundra was in part of the show this night. Isn't she so cute?! :-) I LOVE her!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

this looks SOOO fun. How lucky you guys are to have such good friends who BOTH of you like. I love it. Maybe with your next cruise... Rog and I can tag along :)

Liz said...

What a perfect trip! And I agree with Kelly... {whoever she is - ha ha!} How lucky to have friends that you are both such great friends with! I'd LOVE to go on a cruise with Matt, but I've heard it's WAY better to go with some friends! I'm glad you had such a fun, fun time!

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Your trip does sound amazing!!! Now I totally want to go on one! Can't wait to see and hear more!

BTW: Your kids are adorable!