Tuesday, September 1, 2009

How green are we?

On Friday I got a road bike!!! Oh my gosh, I love my new bike so much. It is so pretty. And it helps me go so fast. My speed increased at least a good 3mph JUST because of the bike! Crazy!

We wanted to test out the bike so we got a babysitter and Brandon and I rode to the Farmer's Market in Provo. (How green is that, right? I mean really, biking to the Farmer's Market?! On a green side note, I bought reusable shopping bags at Walmart and besides the fact that they are good for the environment, they can pack those things so full because they are so strong. I just throw them over my shoulder and I can usually get ALL my groceries into the house in ONE trip! Anyway...)

We rode to the Farmer's Market and I just flew. I kept right up with Brandon most of the time. I don't think he had to slow down too much for me... (Ok, I don't want you all to think I'm some speedster. I think I go more of an average speed now. I was really slow before and I used to blame it on my bike. I'm just happy to know that I was right!)

Here's what you've all been waiting for, pictures of the pretty bike:


Do you love it?!

Here's Brandon with his bike (he wanted a picture with his bike, too. JK. I made him do it):

The Farmer's market was really fun. We got all sorts of fun treats and fruits and veggies. We got some teeny little grapes that just popped in your mouth. We also got to try lemon cucumbers. Really. They look like a lemon, taste like a cucumber with a little bit of ... wait for it... lemon. We got some amazing tomatoes, apples, fresh honey, some yucky eggplant (we don't like eggplant, but thought we'd give it another try) and some peaches that would be yummy if they didn't keep getting yucky spots.

Anyway, we had a great time and it was a very romantic, sweaty date.

After we showered, we took the kids up to Pirate Island Pizza. It is a new restaurant up in Orem. It is similar to Rainforest Cafe and The Mayan in that it is all about the decor and atmosphere. The kids had a great time. These are their scary pirate faces:

5 comments:

scooping it up said...

Fun post Linds. I use reusable bags too at the grocery store. The bike, well you'd have to pay me a lot of money to ride a bike. I am terrified of them.

Kelly said...

Linds! I LOVE YOUR BIKE! It looks very similar to my road bike! Well, just that they are both white.. thats all. haha. I love your description about the fruits. your so funny.

love you!

kentandnellie said...

I love farmer's markets and riding a new bike to one is even better! Looks like a fun time.

Liz said...

I'm SO, SO JEALOUS!!! I want a new bike so bad! I'm still riding the same old pedal bike that I bought when I was in 8th grade! How sad is that??? One day... :) Glad you are enjoying it!

Saundra said...

Oh, I love your bike. So jealous. My mom has a road bike like yours and I rode it in Idaho and it was so fun. You are so lucky!