Saturday, June 13, 2009

Provo River 10 Miler

I ran the Provo River 10 Miler today. It was great! I loved it! Saundra and I did it together and we had so much fun! Four weeks ago when Saundra asked me if I wanted to run it with her the farthest I had ran since getting pregnant a year and a half before was 3 miles! So, yep, I went from 3 miles to 10 in four short weeks!

My goal time was a 10 minute mile which would have been 1 hour and 40 min. I beat that time with this one:

That makes for a 9:30 min mile average!
And check out our fastest pace:

This was when we were sprinting to the finish.

Here we are at the end:

Look how sweaty I am!!! Ew!
I felt great. My knees never hurt once today or during training and I actually enjoyed it! Thanks Saun for talking me into running with you!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Good Job Linds and Saundra!! Wow. See, running is kinda fun huh? Just a little??? haha. I am glad your knees didnt hurt. I was surprised mine never did either. Way to GO!

courtneyb said...

awesome! 1/2 marathon next?

Saun and Wes said...

Am I really that much shorter than you?