Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Bear Lake


This last weekend we went up to Bear Lake with Brandon's brother and his parents. We had so much fun! We stayed in Montpelier which is close to Georgetown where Brandon's mom grew up. The highlights of the trip were definately the Minnetonka Caves and going to the lake. The caves were great. You went up/down about 900 stairs though and my hips/back are still hurting to this day but it was worth it. The kids loved it and Caleb did all the stairs himself! Brandon carried Brynley most of the way so he got a great workout!



After the caves we went to the lake and we loved it there! I think I might even like the lake better than the beach (in CA). Granted, I've never taken my kids to a CA beach but at the lake you don't have to worry about big waves sweeping them away, it's shallow for as far as you can see, it's really warm in the shallow spots, not much seaweed, etc. The sand isn't quite as nice as a normal beach. It's not really rocky it's just kind of clay-like but it's still good enough to make sand castles and bury yourself in the sand. All this and it's only 3 hours away! I think we have a winner!!!




We had a great weekend!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

oh my gosh, Caleb is SUCH a stud. and I LOVE Bryns swim suit!!! OH my heck!! What a fun time!!

Saun and Wes said...

Oh, looks like fun! I love the picture of Caleb covered in sand. It's so funny!

Jessie said...

Never been to Bear Lake, but I've heard it's great. Glad you had fun!

Katrina said...

I LOVE Bear Lake. It is so gorgeous. Thanks for reminding me how much I love it. It might be a great little getaway one of these days.

scooping it up said...

You look so great Linds- only 55 days left. Impressive! the beach with kids is so fun.

Welsch Family said...

Bear Lake! How fun! Last time we went there we had a blast, but oh, my gosh, did Nick get sun burned- I'll never forget! 54 more days, wow! Get your sleep! Good to stay in touch with your blog!
Alyssa