Sunday, July 20, 2008

30 Weeks




I feel like I'm getting close to the home stretch. Being in the 30's (weeks, that is) makes it feel so much closer. My doctor said he'd induce me a week early as long as I was dilated to at least a 3-4 becuase my sister will be in town. That makes me excited. So I know I only have at most 9 weeks to go. (Unless of course i'm not dilated but I start dilating so early I'm not too worried about that). Unfortunately, and I'm trying really hard not to do this, I keep counting down to 37 weeks. So I try to tell myself 7-9 more weeks left. I counted down to "full term" at 37 weeks with Brynley and when I got there and past it I was mentally done with the pregnancy so I don't want to do that again. I only went to 38 weeks with her but still...

Anyway, feeling pretty good. I'm getting some mad contractions, though. All the time. Every night I get a few but some nights I get tons, like 10-12 an hour. I've called the dr once but didn't have to go in thankfully. I'm still "working out". I put that in quotes because I'm not sure you can call 2 mile walks (at a leisurly pace which feels quite fast to me) and wimpy lifting sessions real workouts. But hey, it gets me out of the house. I've gained 23 pounds so far which is less than I'd gained thus far with Brynley so I'm happy about that. This little girl is moving a TON. So much sometimes that it kind of makes me sick. Did any of you feel that way? And a lot of it is at night too. I'll get up to go to the bathroom at night (2-3 times a night, ugh) and it takes me forever to fall back to sleep because she's moving so much. I guess she's just getting me ready for what's to come. Hmmm... what else. Nothing much. This week is the last week I don't have a lot going on before Caleb starts school. The next few weeks will be jam packed and I'm excited for it because it will help time go by fast.

Anyway, that's about all for now. In good bye I will leave you with a picture of my new bangs:

And a picture of Brandon after he crashed mountain biking and fell into a river and hit his head on a big rock. Yeah. Nuff said.

6 comments:

Saun and Wes said...

Ha ha, poor Brandon. Love your "in closing" picture. And you look great! I can't believe you are already 30 weeks. I love the 30 week mark.

courtneyb said...

you look so cute. I didn't recognize you at church today when I first saw you. But the new bangs are very cute. Where was Brandon riding?

Kelly said...

hahahaha... that last part about Brandon "and a pic of Brandon after he crashed on his bike, and fell into a river, and crashed his head on rock, and got dragged away, and got nibbled on by and alligator and was drug to shore..."

you look ADOABLE (p.s.) Your hair is SO stinkin cute! cant wait to see you and the babies!!

pinon family said...

look how cute you are! Love your hair (but I always do!!) and you have the tiniest belly I've ever seen for 30 weeks. I'm so done being prego and lugging this thing around :)!! xoxo

Gingerlylizzy said...

Is it just me or has your tummy gotten SMALLER!!!???!!! You look amazing. I am wishing over here... I haven't had the "sick" feeling but at 28 weeks, this little guy is sure starting to hurt when he moves certain ways. Only downhill from here right?

kristib said...

You look great Lindsey! I like the blond and the bangs. And you're so lucky- I went to 42 weeks with both of mine. I least I'll be prepared next time to keep counting.