Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Merry Christmas

Ok, so Christmas is my all time fave. Seriously. I. LOVE. IT. There were numerous times before Christmas that my kids and I would be jumping up and down saying "It's almost Christmas! It's almost Christmas!" Anyway, the day finally came and it did not dissapoint.

We stayed the night at Brandon's brother's house in Fruit Heights. His other brother and parents were also there. It was a lot of fun. We did Cafe Rio type salads for dinner and had a Mexican theme to the evening. We learned about mexican traditions and even had a pinata. The kids sang and did puppets for the nativity story.




After the festivities, all the kids went to sleep in Collin's room. We never thought they'd fall asleep but they did after a while. Of course, Caleb was still up LONG after the other kids had fallen asleep. But, what's new?

We went to sleep soon after. PS. I thought Aubrey was going to sleep awful considering we weren't at home and all the commotion and what not but this was the second time in her life that she slept ALL night long! (BTW, last night was the third time!) Aubrey was up for the day at 7am so Brandon and I came upstairs. Oh, at 5am Caleb got up and came into our room and we thought he was up for the day. But he fell back asleep and didn't get up until 8am. So Brandon and I are sitting upstairs in the living room with all the presents until Collin and Sami wake up at 7:40am. We're thinking what is going on here?! It's Christmas and it's 7:30am and not a single kid is awake! They all woke up soon after and loved their presents. The kids all got what they asked for.


I got some pretty cool gizmos too (Magic Bullet, crock pot, griddle, waterproof case for my ipod with waterproof headphones so swimming laps won't be a dreaded chore anymore and a gps watch for running. I am so lucky. Thanks to both mom's and brandon!) Brandon didn't get near the loot that I did. His came a few weeks ago and is 52 inches and sitting in our basement. He's spoiled.

Anyway, we had a fabulous Christmas. Sorry we didn't do a Christmas card. We felt like everyone already knows what is going on in our lives through the blog. Maybe next year. Maybe.

We do feel very blessed in our lives right now. We have a nice home; Brandon has a secure job; We have three wonderful children; We are all healthy. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas season!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

WOW!!! Seriously... what a FUUN CHRISTMAS!! Oh my gosh!! I looved reading that.

The Garden Maiden said...

Happy New Year to you all. Hope the year brings you many blessings and much happiness. Aunt Tami