Sunday, November 16, 2008

Writing and drawing skills

Last week Caleb wanted to draw our family with our names written next to each of us on a piece of paper. It has become painfully obvious, that while Caleb is a pretty bright kid and can read well and is learning simple math pretty easily, he has the artistic skill of, well, his father. This includes his penmanship.

When Lindsey first showed me what he had done, I thought, "oh no, what has he heard us talking about?" Then I thought, "what is he hearing from kids at school?" At last it hit me, "oh good, he has the artistic ability of a drunken gamecock with a pen tied to its talons". And yes, the chicken does have large talons, so no jokes about that.

If you don't see what I'm referring to specifically, look closely at the bottom right corner.

Yep, he totally spelled my name wrong.



Edit by Lindsey: If you can see the line above it says "lind" then the line below says "seY". While Brandon's name is spelled "Brandin". I think it's a cute picture, still pretty funny. Pretty good since no one helped him at all.

6 comments:

Katrina said...

HA HA HA HA HA!

Kelly said...

hahaha.. suuure its lind seY. that is NOT what it looks like! He is so smart! I just love him.

marym said...

Caleb is so cute. I love his drawing and spelling. That's a classic to keep forever.

Jess said...

Wow!! That's great! He is so smart!

Bertie said...

That is hilarious!! Too cute!

scooping it up said...

ha! great stuff. that paper will be very valuable when he's older. :)