Saturday, November 29, 2008

Two quick updates...

Aubrey: She has only woken up once a night for the last four out of five nights! She will go to bed around 7pm and wake up once around 2 or 3am then sleep until 7am. The night of thanksgiving she actually slept from 7:45 to 5:45am! Then went back to sleep until about 8am. Last night Brandon said he'd do her first feeding so he got up with her at 3am and she didn't wake up again so I slept all night! I'm loving this. We're sleeping great around here. Naps are still very short though, like 30-45 min. I'm trying to get her to sleep longer... it will happen as she gets older, I'm sure.

Brynley: At thanksgiving we were talking about how Brynley has no interest in potty training. Dane said "Why don't you get her a princess potty?" Like, duh. Why didn't we think of that. I think it just never occured to us because we didn't think it would help. I don't know. So I asked her if she wanted a Princess potty and she said she wanted a Dora potty. I kept using reverse psychology saying, "I don't know if you'll really use it. I don't want to get you one." We got her a dora potty yesterday and she has been using it ever since! She's been wearing underwear and everything. No accidents either! Hopefully this continues. I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

AH! Hhahaha... go Dane. He is a smarty pants!

Kelly said...

I love how you used reverse phsychology!! hahahaha

Katrina said...

Hooray for the Mathews girls!

scooping it up said...

oh man. nice going Aubrey! Mark hasn't slept more than 4 hours since he's been born. he has stomach issues and he's just a huge pain in the butt. but he's cute and i just have to deal with it. i've never been able to let him cry more than 1.5 hours, so it's my problem. enjoy your sleep. i always look like i've been hit by a truck, you look great!