Thursday, September 18, 2008

38 week fake out

It happened to me. What I thought would be the most embarassing thing ever. Yes, I had to take the walk of shame Monday night. I was the girl who THOUGHT she was in labor. I started having contractions monday evening. They were coming about every 5 min. When they got to every 2-3 min and really hurting we went in to the hospital. I was still a 3 when i got there. They monitered me for an hour. During that hour the contractions were really hurting and coming every 2-5 min. When she checked me after the hour I was like a 3+ (whatever that means) and she said she could tell I was changing but not fast enough. She called my dr and he said I could stay one more hour. Unfortunately that second hour they started really slowing down in frequency and intensity. I knew they were going to send me home. I used to think that this would be very embarassing. But at 10:30pm my bed, two children and a good night's rest were sounding really good to me. I wasn't at all dissapointed to be sent home to go to bed with only two children in my care. That feeling lasted a couple days. Now I'm ready to have her out of me again.

7 comments:

Gingerlylizzy said...

I am glad you weren't too upset... though, man, that is heartbreaking when it happens!!!

courtneyb said...

I thought my water broke with Brody. I went to the hospital and my water hadn't broke. I peed. THAT was embarrassing!

Melinda B. said...

Well, today was my prediction, that you would have the baby Sept 18th, so let's prove me right ok?
With 3 cm and contractions like that I am surprised they didn't just put you on pitocin. I thought you were going to say the walk of shame was your water breaking in a public place and walking out with looking like you had peed your pants. Kind of like Courtney.

scooping it up said...

Bummer! Keep doing those lunges and squats. Can't wait to see pics of new baby girl. Love ya Linds.

Saun and Wes said...

Ha ha ha. Yes, nights will do that to you-make you wish she was back in you so you could have a peaceful nights sleep.

Lindsey said...

AND NOW YOU HAVE HER!!

Kelly said...

oops, I didnt realize I was signed in under your name. I dont know how that happened. But LINDSEY didnt write that comment above