Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Aubrey's Quotables

Aubrey has said some really funny things lately. Here are some for your enjoyment:

1. I need to preface this by explaining that Aubrey calls any grandma or grandpa "Grandpa". So no matter if you are a girl or a boy you are "grandpa. Anyway, Friday was my grandma's 97th birthday. We called and sang Happy Birthday to her. The rest of the day she walked around saying "Happy Grandpa, happy grandpa".

2. She refers to herself as "baby". She likes to say "baby do it" when she wants to do something herself. The other day she was doing something saying "baby do it" over and over again to herself. Something got stuck and she mumbled "stuck, stuck". Then she fixed and she excitedly exclaimed "Thank you baby!"

3. The other day (these were actually all on the same day) she was fussing in her crib for a while so I went in to see what was going on. She said "Baby peed". I look down and her cute, bare bum is hanging out with her diaper on the floor and a big pee spot in her crib. Great, Aubrey.

4. I rock her and sing to her before she goes to bed. She always asks me to sing "A Chi God" (I am a Child of God). I say I'll only do it if she puts her head on my shoulder. So she lays her head on my right shoulder for about 10 seconds and then says "is one" and switches to the other shoulder for 10 seconds, then "is one" and switches shoulders over and over.

Aubrey is such a cute little sweetie and we love her so much! It is so fun to hear her starting to talk and saying so many funny things!

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Ha ha, what a cute, funny girl. :)

Saundra said...

Cute! I love her!