Sunday, December 16, 2007

Happy Anniversary to us!


Today is my and Brandon's 7th anniversary! It's been a wonderful seven years, that's for sure! I just wanted to do a little reminiscing blog entry that we could look back on and laugh and remember so here goes.

2000: I lived in Chattsworth condos with Lisa, Melanie and Melissa while Brandon and I were dating and he lived in Liberty Square. We got married Dec 16 in the Timpanogos Temple. Our wedding breakfast was at Magleby's and our reception that night was at the Flickinger's house in my family's ward. That night we stayed at Hine's Mansion in Provo. The next day we drove to CA. Then we went on a cruise to Catalina, Ensenada and San Diego from Mon to Fri. Saturday was our CA reception. I remember I could barely zip my dress from all the food I ate on our honeymoon! If I remember right, Melanie and Staci had to hold my back while my mom zipped it up! Oops! Sunday we drove back to Utah. Tuesday was Christmas. Wednesday and Thursday we drove to Seattle. Friday was our Seattle reception and we drove home that weekend. Then we had one week before we started school!

2001: We lived in a teeny little one bedroom apt in a complex called College Park. We lived there until July when we began our LONG stay in Wyview. We didn't really meet any friends in this place but I guess that's expected as we were newlyweds. I worked at a Chiropracters office and Brandon worked on BYU campus. We both went to school and Brandon even had a semester of straight A's!

2002: We still lived in Wyview. I graduated from BYU with a BS in Marraige, Family, and Human Development and a minor in Business. We loved living in Wyview. We met many good friends there that we still keep in touch with. Menghinis, Fitz's, Pinions, we love you! The beginning of this year I started working at Nordstrom in TBD. I loved that job and met some great friends there as well. I loved working with my old roomie and best friend Amanda and meeting my now dear friend Camille! Brandon continued his great job on campus. This may have been the summer he worked up at sundance... can't remember. This also may have been the year we went to Hawaii with my family... can't remember what year that was either.

2003: In August I quit nordy's and caleb was born! Our lives would then change drastically for the better! We STILL lived in Wyview. And had many interesting adventures having a baby in a complex with "paper thin walls". Remember you guys who were there? eh, eh? We spent christmas in El Paso with brandon's parents. We loved visiting them in El Paso. It was like a year round resort. We sure do miss that place!

2004: Brandon graduated from BYU with a BS in Information Systems. We still lived in Wyview (for those of you who don't know... three years is an extremely long time to live in wyview) until May when we bought a townhome in Springville. Brandon began working in Jan at Think Subscription which is a small software company where he still works. He's changed positions quite a bit but he is still working at the same place. This year we took our first great vacation all by ourselves. We took an Eastern Caribbean cruise in December and it was fabulous!

2005: This year Brynley was born! Yay! Ok... i'm trying to think of what else happened this year and I'm coming up blank... We didn't move... didn't change jobs... Just kept on keepin on. We met some wonderful friends in our townhome too but i'm going to stop naming names in case we forget anyone.

2006: This year we sold our townhome, lived with my parents for three months and bought our first house! Which i love! I really really love my house. I could live here forever really, i love it that much. Anyway, we moved into our house which was just right across the street from our townhome in Springville. Hmmm... 2006... what else. We spent Christmas in MI with grandma and grandpa and all the cousins and that was wonderfully fun.

2007: Well, here we are. This has been an absolutely fabulous year. We started off great with a cruise with our good friends the Haliday's. (We actually met them on our last cruise and we really love them and have kept in touch and vacationed again with them. And we plan to go with them again soon!) What else. We are still living in the same place, loving our ward, and loving being close to family. We finished the year off with another cruise, just us this time. But you all know about that! We are so excited that Brandon's parents moved to Seattle because that is within driving distance and we plan to visit often!

And that brings us to today, December 16, 2007. I'm not feeling very itchy. In fact I'm feeling the opposite. I could not be filled with more love for my husband and children. I am so thankful for what the last seven years have brought me. I am so lucky that I have been blessed this much. Honey, I love you!

15 comments:

Jess said...

Oh so sweet!! Happy Anni. It's amazing how fast it goes by. WHo took your picture?? I love it!!

Lindsey said...

Liz Weekly! She's so good! You guys should have her take some of you when you're up here some time!

Bertie said...

Congratulations!! I loved the run down of the last 7 years and the slideshow!! Here's to another happy 7 years and more:)

Em and Ms said...

Happy Anniversary! It's fun reading your memories of past years.

Marisa said...

I love, love, loved the recap. Oh how I remember the paper thin wall days. I wonder whatever happened to the best neighbors, EVER (he, he). We love you guys and are so glad we met you in the days of Wyview! Congrats on 7 years.

p.s.--do you keep in touch with Bryan and Amanda?

Marisa said...

Nevermind...just saw their link on your blog. YAY!!!

Melissa said...

Congrats! Here's to another 7 years, and 7 years after that...

The Ackerman Family said...

Happy Anniversary Linds and Brandon! It was fun read about you last 7 years!

nicole said...

Wow! You guys have been married for exactly twice as long as we have! Looks like we have a lot to look forward to.
I loved your recap and slide show!
Congratulations!

Katrina said...

Happy Anniversary!

Saun and Wes said...

Whoa! 10 comments! You are popular. Well, 11 now. How precious! I loved reading about your past 7 years. It was fun. You guys are so cute together. Love that pic at the top. So cute. You guys were probably laughing at how cheesy it was when it was being taken, but it just looks like you are totally in love. Happy Anniversary. I'm sorry I am a bad friend. I totally forgot to ask you how your anniversary weekend was and how that Harvest restaurant was and if you had dessert or not. Anyway, Happy Anniversary!

Alyssa said...

Happy Anniversary! It sounds like a great bunch of years!

courtneyb said...

you guys know how to party! what are you doing for your anniversary? Gonna have some "great wall" cake?
happy 7th!

kristib said...

Congrats on a great 7 years! Such a cute picture at the top.

amandamenghini said...

Hey that is awesome guys! And we feel honored we got mentioned...we didn't think we were that cool..